CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

When Jesus Christ Was Baptized

Here are my notes that I will be using tomorrow. Sorry if they don't make sense. Special thanks to the "Reporter" info on Yahoo group, the "Memorization Technique" from Yahoo group, and the old 2nd verse of WJCWB on Eprimary website.

Singing Time Plan:

JR: 3:10-3:30
WJCWB – I am a reporter and I’ve been given my first assignment to cover a baptism. Who was the last person baptized? I'll be interviewing ______.
On board: (Questions I want to cover) Who:, Where:, Who came:, Speaker:, Anything else:
Sing the song with these answers.

When ____ was baptized
Down in ______________

____________ were present there in love.
_______ spoke from the stand when _______ was baptized;
_______________________
(as gently as a dove.)

I’ve been called on an even bigger assignment, another special baptism. Matthew 3:13-17
Who: Jesus Christ, Where: River Jordan, Who came: 3 member s of the Godhead (heart), Speaker: Father, Anything Else: Holy Ghost descended
Sing again.

SR: 3:55-4:15
WJCWB
Write words to 1st verse on board before… Choose 6 sticks #1-6 for questions.
Ask:
Who was baptized?
Where was He baptized?
Who was present?
Who spoke from Heaven?
Who descended?
As gentle as what?
As kids answer, underline answers on board. Erase half underlined, sing, all then sing again.

Finish with word king. Possible words: love (hard), descended, etc.

If we have extra time (could happen-all primary pres. is outta town), I'll show them the words that were posted in the July 1977 Friend that used to be the 2nd verse of WJCWB. Interesting and helps bring the message that much closer to children (at least I think so).

2. I wonder what John felt like,Who baptized by immersion,To hear a voice from heaven approving of the way.Although I was not presentWhen Jesus Christ was baptized,I always will rememberIt was a sacred day. – Friend, July 1977

Or have them draw picture helps for JR primary of 2nd verse if we have a ton of time.

1 comments:

Sometimes Molly said...

Thank You!!! This was just the thing that I was looking for! I am subbing today and needed to help the kids learn this song. I think that it will hold their attention and teach them too! Great stuff! Love your blog I am going to put you in my favorites!