CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

8.24.08 WJCWB

We'll probably be reviewing verse 2 of "When Jesus Christ Was Baptized" big time this week. I have a funny feeling we still don't know it very well.

Page 102:
1. When Jesus Christ was baptizedDown in the River Jordan,Three members of the GodheadWere present there in love.The Father spoke from heavenWhen Jesus Christ was baptized;The Holy Ghost descendedAs gently as a dove.
2. And now when I am baptized,I’ll follow his example—Be baptized by immersionThrough sacred priesthood pow’r.Then I will be a memberOf Heav’nly Father’s kingdomAnd have the Holy SpiritTo guide me ev’ry hour.

Junior Primary:
Special thanks to the Yahoo Group (see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic/files/Repeat%20FUN/Repeat%20Parakeet/ ) for the cute Repeat Parakeet idea.

First, I'll talk about my friend Pete, the Repeat Parakeet. Emphasis on his pretty feathers. I say a line, he repeats it in a squeaky voice (that's embarassing). We'll all repeat it with Pete once we get the hang of it. Then we'll practice singing the line one-two times. When we've mastered a line, we'll sing a wiggle song of the pianist's choice. Four lines and four wiggle songs later, we've successfully repeated the 2nd verse enough to get it in our noggins.

If we finish these goodies early, then we can play with the Olympic torch (see SR below). We could even have the holder of the torch come up and "talk" for Pete or something. It could be sillly fun.

Senior Primary:

First we'll review the whole WJCWB song and I'll use some kind of flip chart thing to see what we know. Then we'll get serious about learning the 2nd verse through questions like:

  • Who's example will we follow? ("his", or Christ's)
  • How are we baptized? (by immersion) USE HOW INSTEAD OF WHY - I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH TO THINK OF A NEW QUESTION FOR WHY!
  • What kind of power are we baptized through? (sacred priesthood)
  • Where will I belong if I am baptized? What will I be a member of? (Heav'nly Father's kingdom)
  • When will the Holy Ghost guide me if we are baptized and become members of HF's kindgom? (ev'ry hour)
I'll use my "trivia flowers", which are basically just 5 flowers with "Who, what, why, where, when, how" on them. I gotta double check to be sure which words really are on them... For some reason, senior gets a kick out of my trivia flowers. Oops no "How" in my garden. Oh well.

After we learn the 2nd verse well enough, we'll use this cutesy Olympic torch idea. Special thanks to ePrimary for a cute Olympic torch idea:

A very very easy torch idea is to take a flashlight and use tissue paper cut with edges that look like flames, using yellow, orange, and red combined.
Have the children pass along the torch and when the pianist stops playing, have the children that is holding the torch say the right word for the note.
This is an easy easy visual that I have used in past Olympic years.


Will do!

Nursery:

Honestly, I am just planning on winging it. I'll bring my giant school bus that I made so we can sing "Wheels on the bus", but that's about it. I am too worn out to think of a third lesson every week! Plus the kids don't even care!!! I'll also probably bring my "Two Little Eyes" because the teachers were asking about them a couple weeks ago, but we'll see. Some kids like to try to eat the eyeballs. That's no bueno.

1 comments:

jaordyna said...

Sounds cute! Thanks for the ideas and info. I'm totally with you on the "3 different lessons being too much" things. Sorry nursery kids (they do best with redundancy anyway, right?).