CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Thank you, President Faust!

For all of us crazy women out there, President Faust's talk titled "Instruments in the Hands of God" jumped out at me tonight (yes, I"m still finishing my lesson at 11:55pm on a Saturday night).

Some of you sisters may feel inadequate (emphasis added) because you can’t seem to do all you want to do. Motherhood and parenting are most challenging roles. You also have Church callings that you fulfill so capably and conscientiously. In addition, many of you, besides all this, have to work as well as care for your family. My heart goes out to the widows and the single-parent sisters who bear so much of the responsibility of parenting. In general you noble sisters are doing a much better job of holding it all together and making it work than you realize. May I suggest that you take your challenges one day at a time. Do the best you can. Look at everything through the lens of eternity. If you will do this, life will take on a different perspective.

(for more encouraging goodies see http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=1ed178de9441c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1 ). I say this because that's about as far as I got before tearing up, realizing I still need to keep searching for some more info, and moving on.

One day at a time... I can do that!

0 comments: