CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

SUB!!!

Wow, I'm going somewhere! My perfect attendance is now shattered. If I weren't going to the beach then I would be much more heartbroken. However, I can guarantee you that my toddler (who will be accompanying us) will find some way to teeth, run a fever, unlearn how to sleep, etc.

Here are some suggestions I'm giving to my sub:

Hopefully we can go over the 2nd verse to WJCWB (p. 102).
Some great pages for flip cards are at this website http://www.sugardoodle.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2843&Itemid=429

Some awesome spiritual application of the verse can be found at
http://www.sugardoodle.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2752&Itemid=5
which could be great with the other clipart.

Then some word king might be fun with the 2nd verse...
Word king: send one child outta the room, everyone chooses one word from the song, the child (word king) comes back into the room, the rest of the primary sings all of the song but that one word. Kids love it. Choristers love it. Pianists love it. It's awesome.

OR

http://www.sugardoodle.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2880&Itemid=429
This was super cute. It's ideas relating to the Olympics. I especially liked the volleyball (just need a ball as prep, like hot potatoe), racing, archery, kayaking (cute idea), taekwondo, or diving. There have been many versions of this one, but these seemed like less prep. You'd need wads of paper with song titles on them, a ball, an easily thrown soft ball, and some enthusiasm!

I hope this is helpful to my last-minute substitute! And I really hope someone loves me enough to sub at the last minute... I found out that we were going about 11 pm, which is approximately 6 hours before we are leaving at 5 am! I'm going crazy, but that's okay.

0 comments: