CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Laundry Day

Reviewing program songs again today. We'll be matching up my clean socks, which will conveniently strewn around the primary room. Found this idea on the SWEET Christy's Clipart website. I had always ignored that site (I know I'm bad) because I thought it was just clipart and we can't really use that, you know? But I finally checked it out thanks to a suggestion from another blogger and it is awesome. This gal took a clothesline idea and expanded it to a matching the sock game. Naturally, I loved it and tried to adapt it to my primary.


JR primary plan:
First, one of the two socks is in my laundry basket. That sock has a prop that refers to one of the program songs. Here's my props inside the socks:

I am a Child of God (2): a giant "C" for child (lame, I know)
Tell me the Stories (57): Bible
Home(192): Marshmallow Fluff (long story, but I basically told the kids I love to eat Fluffernutters at home for lunch, so that represents the song "Home")
Love to see temple(95): some ginormous ugly glasses (see)
When Jesus Christ was B(102): a water bottle
We Thank Thee Oh God(H19): one of those R.S. manuals of a random latter day prophet
Called to Serve(174): husband's mish tag
If Savior Stood(book): a tiny newborn shoe from Old Navy

They choose one, then they help find the matching sock around the room so I can put the socks away when I get home. The 2nd socks have these "ways to sing" inside them:

I am a Child of God (2): in/out - sing out loud when I have the ball, think the words in your head when I toss it to you guys (thanks to Alpine Stake Website for the clarification on this idea)
Tell me the Stories (57):
Home(192): learn some new signs (like father, mother, Father, love, etc)
Love to see temple(95): 1st verse, 2nd verse
When Jesus Christ was B(102): 1st verse, all sing who have a missing tooth, 2nd verse can't remember
We Thank Thee Oh God(H19): can't remember
Called to Serve(174): can't remember
If Savior Stood(book): 1st verse: march (do), 2nd verse: can't remember, 3rd: same

SR plan:
I can either do part of my laundry game if the SR is fun today, or I can use these scrambled titles of the program songs (thank you, Sugardoodle) and just sing through the songs. SR's been pretty feisty lately, so I think I'll just have lame days from here on out. Ah hem, I mean I'll focus on reverence and steer clear from games. Who knows?

I Ma A Dichl fo Ogd

Letl Em Eth Isroset fo Sjeus

Fi Eth Rovasi Toods Bidsee Em

Ew Kanth Heet O Gdo Rof A Opherpt

Meho

I Vole Ot Ese Eth Lempet

Ledlac Ot Verse

Hnew Sjeus Stirch Saw Zapbited


Nursery:
A little bit of the same 'ol same 'ol. They'll love it.
2 green and speckled frogs, one little apple, itsy bitsy spider, i am a child of God, mary wore a dress, i am like a star, etc.
Ooh, I might want to teach them "Roll Your Hands" because I think they'd love it. We don't do a whole lot of songs from the Childrens Songbook and sometimes that makes me nervous that I should be doing more, so I'll try to slowly add a couple fun ones.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking the time to make a blog for your ideas and for the link list to many others. It is so helpful. I love the Laundry game idea and look forward to using it to review.