CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This was the plan:

Last Sunday we reviewed a bunch again. Here's a quick overview. Pictures would help explain, maybe I'll post some.

Here was the original plan (which changed considerably):

JR: 3:10-3:30
Junior needs special help on:
Tell Me the Stories verse 2
Tell Me the Stories verse 3
When Jesus Christ was Baptized verse 2
If the Savior Stood verse 2
If the Savior Stood verse 3
We Thank Thee O God verse 1
I Love to See the Temple verse 2
Home verse 3
Home verse 2
Home verse 1
I am a Child of God verse 4
If the Savior Stood verse 1

And probably many more, but we’ll focus on these ones. I stole Julie’s Singing Time’s 2nd verse for “Tell Me the Stories” verse 2, and then we have actions we use for verse 3. “When JC was B” second verse I have some ASL signs I started teaching, but I’m not sure how much they helped.
The kite idea was a success last week, so maybe I’ll use that one again. Maybe I’ll add some flip charts since we don’t know any songs. We can do actions too. Maybe we’ll even do some hot/cold in order to repeat the verse(s) once or twice.

SR: 3:55-4:14
Senior will get some words and we’ll rearrange, take away, etc.

I’ll go ahead and make it a giant puzzle, then when we complete the verses, we’ll play word king and hot/cold. Tons of fun.

“Tell Me the Stories” questions: Thank you, “A Children’s Songbook Companion” by Graham/GourleyShipp/Stewart
v.2:
what is the word that means Jesus’ face had a special glow? (Lovelight)
what words describe Jsus’ words and deeds? (words full of kindness, deed full of grace acts of love)
what shall I imagine? (His blessings resting on me)
What do I want to hear first? (how the children stood round his knee)

v. 3:
1. what did Jesus do to the wind? (hushed the wind)
2. what did Jesus do to the billows? (chided (scolded))
3. what two words describe the Master? (ready and kind)
4. where was the boat tossing? (in a tempest on Galilee)
5. What do I want to be told in accents of wonder? (how rolled the sea) explain that accents of wonder means “words of amazement”

0 comments: