CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kite Review

Junior get's this idea from Christy's Clipart page:

KITES - This idea has been great for me and I have been able to use it several times. I took a poster board and made a huge colorful kite. I then made small colorful bows out of the poster board. On the back of the bows is a song to sing, They get to place the bow any where they want on the chalk board. The kite is on the chalk board as well. When singing time is all done we take the chalk and connect the bows. Sometimes the string gets crazy! Once I told them that when I got to primary and opened my bag, I tripped and the bows blew everywhere. I told them that I didn't know where they went and that I needed help finding them. They love a good game of finding!
--Elizabeth Prisbrey - Henderson, NV

Love it. Maybe I'll have each bow with a key phrase on it (sort of like how Julie's Singing Time did the key phrase game a while back). Then JR tries to figure out which verse of which program song has that key phrase in it, we'll sing it, then we'll put the bow on the board. Unfortuantely, I don't know if they can make it the whole time without some wiggle songs though. I've been contemplating making an apron with tons of pockets with a bunch of the more reverent wiggle songs in the pockets, then they can choose one. We'll see if I get that ambitious. I'll try to take pictures if that actually happens. For now, I need to study for my four tests next week. Seriously four. Come on, that's not cool.


Senior's probably going to get to play the straw blowing game from Sugardoodle:

I'll have straws in my coconut summer cup and different ways to sing taped onto the floor. They blow through the straws to find a song curled up inside the straw. Whatever "way to sing" paper the song lands on tells us what's next. If "Tell Me the Stories" lands on "Staccato/Legato" then that's what we'll do! We did it once before and the papers didn't always come out of the straw, so I'll have to figure out a better way to insert them.


Nursery is learning "Roll Your Hands", so maybe I'll use different words than slowly and swiftly, who knows? Maybe we'll do it as low-ly and up high or something much much cuter and funner. Or not. Other than that, I'm beat, so we'll do the same songs again and again. They won't know the difference.

3 comments:

Julie said...

do you have Julie's e-mail address for Julie's Singing Time? I missed her going private & love her blog too.

Thanks for this blog...the ideas are fabulous!

julie.a.bassett at gmail.com

Liz said...

Hi,

I have the same question as Julie above about Julie's singtime.

girlplaty at gmail dot com

Carrie Carp said...

Julie and Liz,

Nope, sorry. I'm out of the loop, too.